Our office is located in England, UK. Support is provided during our normal working hours from 10:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday. Our Technical Team work globally and are available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday. We also occasionally take leave for public holidays and other events.
We always strive to offer the best possible support, but please be aware that outside of these hours your support requests will be answered as soon as possible, usually within 24 to 48 hours.
Limitation of Support
OptimizePress provides support services to customers only, and you must have an active support & updates subscription (all package purchases include 1 year support and updates, after which time you can purchase another year of support for a fee).
All support is provided through email. We are not able to provide help via a live screenshare session through Zoom or any other screenshare app as our team collaborate together to solve issues and work on many support tickets throughout the day. We can not provide live support in any capacity as we have a small but dedicated support team and if we were to provide live support it means we wouldn't be able to keep up with the volume of support emails we get on a daily basis.
Support includes installation guidance, bug fixing (for OP issues), and general problem solving with features explained on the OptimizePress sales page Please always check the knowledge-base and University training prior to opening a support ticket.
Note: Our support team are not able to modify settings on their own computer systems (such as IP & host settings) in order to troubleshoot individual issues. This is not practical as each support agent deals with many tickets per day and changing such settings can cause related issues on their own systems..
Support does NOT include:
- Offering advice on specific plugins or 3rd party scripts/apps to use for specific functionality
- Solving problems for plugins or scripts not packaged with our framework or theme
- External plugins integration
- Configuring 3rd party plugins
- General WordPress support (please use the WordPress Forums for that)
- Adding new features or extending the features currently available (we are always happy to hear your feedback and will take feature requests under consideration)
- Changing Colors and/or Images (as this is easily done in the editor)
- Any type of modification or customization outside of the use of our own customization features
- Adding or Editing pages beyond the role of troubleshooting
Please Note: Although our OptimizePress support team are experts in our software, they are not programmers or web developers, so we cannot assist with integrating external scripts or codes not packaged with our software. Whilst we'd like to be able to help with requests like this, it simply wouldn't be possible to provide effective support to our user base.
We recommend contacting a web developer or programmer if you need assistance integrating any scripts, codes or plugins not packaged with our theme. If you are having issues with a specific plugin, we always advise contacting the plugin author to resolve the issue as they know their systems and code much better than us and would be best suited to be able to solve the issues.
Occasionally we do discover bugs within OptimizePress. We will endeavor to fix these bugs as soon as possible, but please be aware that it does take time for our development team to fix bugs and test our system to ensure that no other issues are present within the system after the fix has been applied.
Whilst we've love to be able to have every plugin available for WordPress work with OptimizePress, this simply isn't possible. Some plugins use similar functions or code to our theme which can cause conflicts, and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. Please do not contact us if you have issues with a plugin working with our system as we will not be able to assist with these issues - you should either disable the problem plugin or look for an alternative.
Some plugins may generate "warning" messages inside the OptimizePress admin panels - normally these warning messages will not stop your OptimizePress site working so if you do not see any issues on your main external site you may still be able to use the plugin, just be sure to test your sites first before launching them to the public
Recommended Customization Services
There are a number of services you can consider if you need custom work on your OptimizePress site or need help with something that is beyond the scope of our support services mentioned above.
- Codeable - https://codeable.io
- Fiverr - http://www.fiverr.com
- AwesomeWeb - https://www.awesomeweb.com/skill/optimizepress
- UpWork - https://www.upwork.com/
- Guru - http://www.guru.com/
What to Expect From Our Team
Our team always do their best to provide the highest level of support possible. In order for us to provide the best experience possible, we may ask for sensitive information such as logins to the following:
- Your WordPress Admin so we can access your site to replicate any issues and then solve them.
- 3rd Party Services you are having trouble integrating (for integrations we support)
- Access to your hosting control panel or SFTP/FTP access. If you are using Siteground you may add individual team members on our support team as collaborators to your Siteground account so they may access the site tools. Each team member has their own personal siteground account they use for the purpose of collaborating and may provide you with an email address they use specifically for that purpose which may not include an @optimizepress.com email.
- Your OptimizePress account logins (we do not store passwords in plain text so we may need this if you are having trouble licensing a site).
Our team members will strive to reply to you as quickly as possible and solve any issues in a timely and safe manner, and will only ask for things that are needed to resolve the issues.
How to Get the Most out of Our Support
- When submitting questions or technical issues to our team, please try to be as clear and detailed as possible in order to help us understand fully what you are asking, or what the issue is.
- For technical issues, we suggest giving us the exact steps and any relevant page URLs we would need in order to replicate the issue(s) you are reporting.
- Please make sure that you test out any logins you are providing to our team to ensure they work before sending them to us. We often find that tickets sent with the wrong login credentials take a significant amount of time to solve if we have to keep trying broken logins.
- We understand that the process of getting support may sometimes feel frustrating. We do appreciate feedback of any kind, however please do bear in mind that we will refuse to provide support in the event that we receive emails with abusive or threatening language.
- Our team are spread out globally and you may sometimes receive a reply from one of our team members who is in a different time zone. If you feel you are not getting replies in a timely manner we would ask that you request the ticket to be escalated to someone as close as possible to your time zone and we'll do our best to accommodate that request, however some of our team are talented with different skills and we also will make sure the ticket is assigned to someone who is best suited to help with your specific questions or technical requests.
- Please do not submit multiple tickets as duplicate tickets are immediately closed to help avoid confusion.
- We kindly ask that if you have more than one different type of issue that you please submit a ticket for each. An example of this is having a feature not working, and also having a "how to" question on a different feature, and then also wanting to change your account email. All 3 of those should be put through as separate tickets if possible.
- Our team would appreciate that if your site has any explicit materials that you take care to re-create issues on pages (or a copy of the site without such materials) which do not have such content as we will not support pornographic sites or sites with hate speech, or other offensive materials.
While we always strive to have zero bugs in OptimizePress, and offer an easy to use platform, we can not stress enough how important it is for you to TEST, TEST, and TEST your site BEFORE you launch it. More than 99% of the time when something is not working (and you didn't test it), it is going to come down to user error such as:
- Forgetting to setup your stripe webhook events or adding your secret key
- Forgetting to assign products to ALL of your upsell buttons
- Maybe you left that autoresponder in Aweber in Draft mode
- Did you spell check?
- Did you forget to create the integration rule in the checkouts product to add a user to the correct membership?
There are a number of things that can go wrong during a launch. If you are publishing a funnel, test the optin form, checkout forms, and other integrations using the LIVE modes and making sure your check that the payment went through, tags were added, users created, passwords received, etc.
If you test thoroughly and even have others help you test, then you can find anything you missed before going live.
While our support team are happy to answer as quickly as possible for urgent issues, we can not always immediately jump in to help resolve an issue. If you are running campaigns to your site please let us know in the ticket so we can try to help as soon as possible. While we can not rush through troubleshooting (as we take specific steps in our workflows) we'll take care that any disruptions are kept to a minimum.