This guide will show you how to start using OptimizePress once you have your WordPress website setup.
Who is this guide for?
This guide is designed for you if you have WordPress setup on your own hosting.If you have followed our getting started guide to setting up domain and hosting, you can follow this guide to setup OptimizePress on your site.
Before following this guide please ensure that:
- You have your own website and domain setup with WordPress.
- You are NOT using WordPress.com hosting
If you do not have your own website & hosting with WordPress setup,
follow this guide here first.
What we cover in this guide:
- Install & Activate the OptimizePress Dashboard plugin
- Connect Dashboard Plugin to Your Account (License site)
You can expect this process to take under 10 minutes in total. Once you have OptimizePress dashboard installed, you can install the rest of the plugins to get started with OptimizePress.
The OP3 Dashboard plugin houses all the settings for Integrations, licensing, and templates. The dashboard is linked directly to your OP3 account and also allows you to install other plugins such as the OptimizePress Builder, and other plugins we are currently working on.
Watch the video below to see how to install and activate the OP3 Dashboard plugin:
Here is a text guide on how to activate and install the OptimizePress Suite Dashboard plugin:
1. After you have downloaded your OptimizePress Suite Dashboard plugin to your computer, go to your WordPress site and install the plugin.
On the WordPress Dashboard, click on Plugins panel and Add New.
2. Then, click on Upload Plugin and hit the Choose File button to browse.
The current file size of our OptimizePress Suite Dashboard plugin is 4MB. You should be able to install the plugin without any problem. In the event that your installation fail because your maximum file size is below our requirement, please install the plugin via cPanel or FTP. If you are not familiar with cPanel or FTP, we recommend that you ask your hosting company to increase the file upload size for you to at least 24MB.
To check the maximum file upload size of your site, please click on Media panel and then Add New.
3. Moving on, look for your newly downloaded OptimizePress Suite Dashboard plugin in your computer and then select the file. Install the plugin.
4. Wait for the installation confirmation. Hit Activate Plugin when done.
5. That’s it. You have now successfully installed and activated the OptimizePress Suite Dashboard plugin. The next step is to license and connect your site.
To license a site, you would use the same logins as you use for the OP3 Members hub. This works different, and actually easier, than the licensing system we built into previous versions of OptimizePress.
Please watch the following video to see how this works with OP3:
Once your OptimizePress 3 Dashboard plugin has been installed and activated, you need to connect it to your OptimizePress 3 account. To do that, click on ”
Then enter your registered
OptimizePress 3 Members hub logins – email address and password.
Click on “Authorize” to give permission to access your account.
After that, this will redirect to your OptimizePress 3.0 Dashboard screen. In the dashboard, you will be able to see the items your account has accessed to. Please check the next video for the
Dashboard Plugin Overview.