TUTORIAL AIM: In this tutorial, we will look at setting up your first split test.
– To begin setting up your first split-test, go to your main ‘Dashboard‘ where your opt-in overlays will be listed.
– Decide which overlay you would like to test and click the button.The button above will appear. Click on the button to begin setting up your split-test.
– You will be taken to the Split-Test Configuration area. Here, you will be given the option to give your test a ‘Title‘ and a ‘Description‘ for future reference.
– Once you’ve given your test a title and description, click the ‘Create‘ button. This will create a variation of the control overlay.
– You will be taken to the overlay editing area. Here, you will be able to edit and change the design of the variation overlay.
For more information on A/B Split-Testing and the best processes for conducting a successful test, please refer to our knowledge base article for an ‘Introduction To A/B Split-Testing.’
– Once you’ve made the necessary edits, save and close the overlay. Your split-test is now live.
– To confirm that your split-test is live. You will see appear next to the icon. This number will defer depending on how many variations you’re currently running. So 2 variations will change the number to 2 and so on. You can click on it and add new variations if you later decide to add more.
– To view the stats of your split test, click on the button. You will be taken to the analytics area for your overlay and all the variations for a more detailed breakdown. Please refer to the tutorial on ‘Analysing Your Split-Test Data‘ for further information.