Campaign Refinery is a great email marketing alternative to ActiveCampaign, Drip, Infusionsoft, or other similar platforms and focuses on giving you the tools necessary to reach the inbox with the highest possible delivery rate while giving business owners a very easy and intuitive experience in their platform’s user interface. You can quickly create new campaigns, tags, forms, and see all of your contacts details with just a few clicks.
Taken directly from their homepage, “Campaign Refinery is the only platform that gives you cutting edge email deliverability, integrated list hygiene, a perfect mail-tester score and insanely flexible automation.”
The way this integration was created on our end, please ensure that you have the following requirements setup in your Campaign Refinery Account before you begin.
- Please ensure that you have at least one campaign created that has a Form.
- You must have at least one contact created in your Campaign Refinery Account.
- A Goal must be setup in one of your campaigns. Goals are an ideal way to tell any sequence in your account to stop when a specific outcome is reached, such as when a contact registered for a webinar, purchased a product, etc.
The reason these are required to be setup is our integration looks for these since our optin form can use forms and goals (as well as tags). The API will not allow authorization when adding the integration to OptimizePress if there are not any forms or contacts present in at least one of your campaigns. Additionally, the optin form element will not allow configuration when selecting Campaign Refinery if there are no goals present in at least one of your campaigns.
We are looking into improving this integration in the future.
To connect the platform, follow this guide:
1. Log on to
https://app.campaignrefinery.com/ to access your Campaign Refinery dashboard.
2. Once logged in, navigate to the Settings and then click API.
3. Generate an API key by clicking the +Create API Key button at the right hand side. Copy the key.
You may also just copy an existing API key. Note that you should exclude the . (period or dot) after the last character of your key. Copying the period or dot will return an error when integrating your Campaign Refinery key with OP3.
You can cancel or deactivate a working API key by clicking the revoke button at the left of your API key. If the API key is strikethrough, it means the API key has been successfully terminated.
4. Go to your WordPress dashboard and then click on OptimizePress3 panel. Navigate to Integrations.
5. Press the Add New Integrations button. A window will then pop up for the list of integrations.
6. Look for CampaginRefinery and then paste in your API key on the board.
7. At this point, you should see the CampaignRefinery board on your Integrations page. This means you have successfully integrated your CampaignRefinery with OP3.
8. Now you are ready to use this integration with the OptimizePress 3 opt-in form element. If you want to use Goals, you may do that as well in the integration options when you go through the opt-in form wizard.
If you have any questions about this integration or need further help, please reach out to our team for assistance.
You may now use this integration by adding an Opt-in Form element in the OptimizePress Builder.
Need to know how to setup the opt-in form element?
Need to know how to setup GDPR Fields?